Monday, January 08, 2007

How to Force ez-ipupdate to Touch Dyndns Record Every Month

This story has moved to Please read this story at its new location.


Anonymous said...

its work fine only if you update cron with:
1 0 1 * * rm -f /tmp/ez-ipupdate.cache
; /usr/sbin/ez-ipupdate -c /etc/ez-ipupdate.conf -i [your wan interface] > /tmp/ez-ipupdate-cron.log 2>&1

Anonymous said...

Hey I just started running into this same issue after switching from a custom DynDNS script that went haywire and started getting me banned. So your solution really helped! I customized it so I call my init.d script instead of the binary directly so I can keep all options in one place. Thanks!

Mark A. Ziesemer said...

By using this as-is - simply scheduled to run on the first day of every month - you may still get banned for "abusive updates". Assume that your IP was just updated on the 25th of a month. This solution will cause another update to be forced on the 1st with the same IP address, which does not match the required minimum of 25 days.